Wall tiles and mosaics are used for backsplashes above sinks and ranges as well as bathrooms, showers and fireplaces. Brockmeyer Tile & Stone provides a comprehensive line of wall tiles and mosaics including glass, metal, porcelain and stone mosaics. Our lines also include moldings, borders and sheets in various sizes and finishes.
- Made of: Red, brown or white porous clay. Less refined and purified.
- Pros: Less expensive, easier to cut.
- Cons: More susceptible to chipping and cracking.
- Recommended Use: Residential interior applications such as flooring and walls. Not suitable for exterior use.
- Maintenance: Can be easily cleaned with a sponge.
- Made of: White clay. More refined and purified.
- Pros: More stain-resistant, hard to chip or crack.
- Cons: Expensive, brittle, hard to cut.
- Recommended Use: Interior floors and walls in commercial and residential projects. Not suitable for exterior use.
- Most porcelain tile is glazed similar to ceramic.
- Color: Runs through the whole tile.
- Maintenance: Can be easily cleaned with a mop or a sponge.